Our practice continues to grow and we are working very hard to respond to the ever increasing demand for appointments.
We have been addressing this in several ways by:
- recruiting more clinical staff
- introducing ‘on-the-day’ appointments which are released every weekday morning at 8am and are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis
- introducing telephone appointments with doctors, which can be booked up to 4 weeks ahead of time
- recruiting a clinical pharmacist who will ultimately be able to see patients requiring medication reviews in certain circumstances
- making more use of the limited number of evening and weekend appointments available at our local GP access centre, the Florence Rd Surgery
If all available appointments have been booked and you have an urgent problem, our reception staff can inform the duty doctor so that they can contact you and see how best to deal with the problem.
At busy times there may be a long delay before the duty doctor is able to contact you. It is really helpful if you can tell the receptionist a bit about your problem and why you think it can not wait. This information helps the on call doctor prioritise calls based on clinical need. The doctor may ask you to come to the surgery for a face to face assessment depending on the problem.
Please make sure we have the correct contact details for you and that you will be able to answer when the doctor calls. If your condition deteriorates while you are waiting, please call us back so the duty doctor can be informed and your call can be prioritised accordingly. For more advice about what to do in an emergency, please visit our Emergency page.
For more information about our appointment system, please visit our Appointments page.