The Public Carriage Office (PCO) Transport for London (TfL) or DVLA Medical Examination is not provided under the NHS and is subject to a private fee of £120
This is how to arrange for the TfL PCO Medical Examination to be done at the practice :
1) Obtain / Download TPH204 Medical Declaration form
2) Complete Pages 2 & 3 (including Signature) yourself
3) Visit Optician to complete Section 7 – Vision (page 9) – Optician fees will apply
4) Read the following Terms of Service if you wish to have the Private Medical Examination completed at the practice:
|i) The Private Fee of £120 is payable in advance|
|ii) You will be charged £60 (50% of fee) if you do not turn up to a booked Face to Face appointment or cancel/postpone your appointment with less than 2 days notice|
|iii) The practice is not responsible for the consequences of the authority requesting the report (e.g. TfL) requires us to have access to your full medical records, which may not be available at the practice. This may include your license not being granted.|
|iv) You must get an optician to complete the Vision section (at your own cost) BEFORE you attend the appointment at the practice|
|v) Your completed form may only be available to collect upto 3 working days after the end of your examination|
|vi) Further charges will apply if additional reports, statements or responses are required after the original report is completed and submitted to the relevant authority.|
5) If you accept the Terms above, please make payment of £120 to the practice.
6) Email the practice at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an appointment for a Private Medical Examination and to confirm that you have made payment in advance. Please include your payment reference used, correct email address and mobile phone number.
7) You will be contacted to arrange an appointment with a Health Care Assistant for a Blood Pressure Check. Please ensure you bring your TPH204 form (with Vision section completed by Optician and Pages 2 & 3 completed by you) to be left at the practice.
8) You will be advised when to expect a Phone/Video call with a Doctor to complete the rest of the form.
9) After your call with a doctor, you should be able to collect the form within 3 working days. We will keep a copy of the form in your Medical Records.