The Fair Processing Notice is intended to inform you about the type of patient information that GP Practices hold, how that information might be used, with whom we may share that information, and how we ensure it is kept secure.
How we use your information
- We collect and hold data about you for the purpose of providing safe and effective healthcare
- Your information may be shared with our partner organisations to audit services and help provide you with better care
- Information sharing is subject to strict agreements on how it is used
- We will only share your information outside of our partner organisations with your consent*
- If you are happy with how we use your information you do not need to do anything
- If you do not want your information to be used for any purpose beyond providing your care please let us know so we can code your record appropriately
- You can object to sharing information with other health care providers but if this limits your treatment options we will tell you
- Our guiding principle is that we are holding your information in the strictest confidence
- For more information about who are our partner organisations and how your data is used please see the privacy notice on our website or ask at reception
*Unless the health & safety of others is at risk, the law requires it or it is required to carry out a statutory function
COVID-19 contingency sharing.
Primary care staff across each borough will be able to access your full medical record without consent during the COVID-19 pandemic but will only do so when this is necessary to provide you with care. They will be required to use a smartcard which confirms their identity, and which limits their access and actions to those appropriate for their role. They all have been trained to understand their professional and legal responsibilities in providing you with care.
Local Information Sharing (December 2020)
We are working closely with neighbouring practices within our Primary Care Network (PCN) to support your care. PCNs and their constituent GP practices are now the organisations through which primary care health services will be delivered and when providing you with care their trained staff form part of our team and will have access to your NHS GP record. Please see Clause to Cloister Road Surgery Privacy Notice (Privacy Notice below) for more details.
Fair Processing Notice
- Privacy Notice
- Fair Processing Notice – Whole Systems Integrated Care
- Privacy Notice – Child Health Information Service
- Privacy Notice – Diabetic Eye Screening
- Whole Systems dashboard programme – healthiernorthwestlondon.nhs.uk
- Your Personal information Choices – content.digital.nhs.uk/yourinfo
- How information is used – content.digital.nhs.uk/article
- Review of health and care data security and consent – www.gov.uk
- Records management code of practice for health and social care – www.gov.uk
- Fair Processing NHS England – www.england.nhs.uk
- The information Governance Review – www.gov.uk
- NHS Choices – Your health and care records – www.nhs.uk
- eDSM enhancement Patient leaflet
- eDSM enhancements_Patient Quick Start Guide v.1.0